FRIDAY 27 OCT. - 10:45-11:45
Spain and LATAM: circular or alternate streams?
It’s widely known there are lots of independent Spanish artists who are successfully developing their careers in Latin America. But the opposite cases are not so known, even going straight to Europe without even stopping in our country. Why does this happen? Isn’t there a transverse tissue that allows to reverse the formula?
1. Analysis of methodology of work of a case of success of Spain
2. Analysis of methodology of work of a case of success of Latinomérica.
3. Lines of aid. Facilities to jump from mainland.
4. Cross vision of the two musical panoramas. What do they think about us? What we think of them.
5. Setting up the value chain in example countries.
6. Who is who?
7. Relationship of the artist with the agents of the value chain.
8. Types of contract, duration, development, agreements and good practices among the different agents.
Peter Grant: Is rock ‘n roll over? 11:50 h -12:45 h
A recent article in an alternative national newspaper highlighted the possible expiration of standard systems in the value chain by pointing to self-management as an alternative in the current musical landscape. But is this model really viable? What other agents are becoming more important? Opportunity or opportunism?
1. Myths and legends: historical evolution of the manager's role.
2. Managers or lawyers ?: Attributions and current functions.
3. Percentages and commissions. Cession of rights.
4. Value chain agents who assume management is effective?